Monday, August 18, 2008

This is the Blog, La, la, la, la, John's Blog

Ok, so Michael and I are going out west to ride motorcycles. This will hopefully be more Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas than Fat and Old in Mid Life, without the drugs of course. The imaginary bats are fine. I'll post whatever pictures I can here and the rest on my Flickr site, http://www.flickr.com/photos/96983556@N00/

How about some suggestions for some songs I should put on my mp3 player for the ride? Also, any side trips y'all can think of, we'll be doing about 1300 miles but that may not be enough.

Here's where we're going:
Aug 23rd Vegas, Red Rocks and Fremont Street
24th head to the Grand Canyon, maybe get some kicks on Route 66.
25th head to Mesa Verde, CO and see some cliff dwellings, maybe ride around Silverton or other backwater mountain towns
26th-27th head to Moab for Arches, Canyonlands and maybe some dirt bike riding so we can break arms and twist knees.
28th head to Bryce Canyon via Rte 12, really cool road
29th head back to Vegas for a night on the Strip before we leave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking more "Bucket List" here. As your life insurance beneficiary, perhaps I should hold my tongue. : D

JR said...

way to remain anonymous, beneficiary

Anonymous said...

John, I am so gonna read the crap out of your hogblog as you leave patches of Dunlap all across the SW. Ok, maybe you won't be on HDs, but I'm still gonna call it your hogblog. Have fun man...keep it shiny-side-up.

-Matt Kent

Oh yeah, mp3s...I'm gonna recommend Hendrix's "Voodoo Child" as a good morning sunrise ride song (though you may not have any of those depending on your nights). Beyond that, maybe some "30 days in the hole" - Humble Pie, "Heaven" - Live, "Extreme Ways" - Moby (I'm a "Borne" movie series fan and Moby stuff is great travel stuff for me), "Renegades" - RATM, "Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen" - Ren & Stimpy, "Wicked Garden" - STP, "Open Up Your Eyes" - Tonic, "Into the Mystic" - Van Morrison, "Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe" - Whale, "Seven Nation Army" - White Stripes, "Love Spreads" - Stone Roses, and all the Hall & Oates you can get your hands on.

Anonymous said...

yeah, whatever.

no blog posts lately??