Friday, July 5, 2013

Cuz Baby you're a firework

Fourth of July on a rooftop deck near Coors Field was, by volume, the best fireworks show I've seen.  There were easily more than 15 separate full scale shows going on simultaneously that we could see without moving.  Add the grilled brats that had been put in their casings only a few hours prior and you have a recipe for a great day.  Thanks again to all our Denver/ Boulder friends for a great break from the road.

Now on to Moab for the first desert portion of the trip.  But first, a trip through the Rockies.


So I am writing and posting this using the smartphone that I just took the mountain photo with after booking a rafting trip for Sunday on it.  You really don't need preparation for trips much anymore.

The next few days will be climbing rocks, breathing heavily, fearing heights and hydrating.  I can't wait.

2 comments:

Jonathan Szczepanski said...

You don't need to prepare for trips anymore?! What on Earth will Clare do with her time?

:-)

Unknown said...

I know, right? I can't believe I let that one go.