Thursday, June 27, 2013

Contain Yourself...

'cause I can't tell you anything about a Marriott in Ohio that you couldn't already deduce.

I can tell you that I was a pile of anxiety before I left... couldn't eat for 2 days and probably freaked out my coworkers. So bad in fact that John took over packing the van. And as predicted, I felt better once I got a couple of states behind me.

But now I'm beat... and I'm gonna sit alone in a hotel room... with air-conditioning... and a diet Sprite.*

Things I didn't think I'd see:
- 2 entire turnpikes under construction
- 3 semis strung together
- an actual auto plant outside Lordsburg, Ohio. Home of the Chevy Cruze!
- a metric f'ton of corn in Ohio
- an actual Orange Julius
- a really nice rest stop on I-70 in Md, right on the Appalachian Trail.

Things I never want to do again:
- hydroplaning on the Penn Turnpike in a thunderstorm. With trucks. Under construction.

Best suitable music for today:
- ZZ Top seems to synch with Pennsylvania somehow.

More interesting posts to come... this is really the boring stretch.

* bonus points to those who can name the movie from whence this quote comes

2 comments:

Jonathan Szczepanski said...

What is this "Orange Julius" you speak of?

Unknown said...

Date Night!